Yet another upgrade of our SELKS. We are very thankful to all the great Open Source projects and tools for making it possible to showcase Suricata with our new distro.
Features and fixes post SELKS 5 Beta :
- Elasticsearch 6.5.3
- Logstash 6.5.3
- Kibana 6.5.3
- Moloch 1.6.2 – The new SELKS makes use of Moloch and Moloch viewer to parse and view the full packet capture done by Suricata. Moloch comes with an arsenal of tools and features on its own like:
- Extremely flexible and easy to use interface for FPC drill down, filtering,search and pcap export
- Scirius 3.1.0 CE
- Suricata – always latest git edition and features available.
- SELKS scripts upgrade
- available now system wide in “/usr/bin”
- Full packet Capture retention policy – thanks Joren0494 !
- Thank you for all the major community contributors form the community
- Debian – always thankful !
- EveBox – always the latest and very thankful for your support and extremely fast bug fixing and feature addition
Read more about the features and browse through screenshots of major SELKS 5 release
SELKS is both Live and installable Network Security Management ISO based on Debian implementing and focusing on a complete and ready to use Suricata IDS/IPS ecosystem with its own graphic rule manager. Stamus Networks is a proud member of the Open Source community and SELKS is released under GPLv3 license.
To download SELKS 5, pick one of the two flavors:
SELKS with desktop
- HTTP: SELKS-5.0RC1-desktop.iso
- MD5sum: 192aa38436dcee6c98a6ae36d9e3b7df
- Sha1sum: f48c0fe1edaaa8817c0a9043cb29e3edee4af93e
- Sha256sum: 9f55a9ff4ee5c4c3c67646d0d5ae4e343f01f6abaf8e433ee9e3e78426c2f3e7
SELKS without desktop
- HTTP: SELKS-5.0RC1-nodesktop.iso
- MD5sum: 27733887bd1ad20c61d9be4973a66074
- Sha1sum: dde637f8639254879ada06b9b68e691c3c904748
- Sha256sum: b32370a35785f336d863d763372820ec13987c3a83a974f26d849eb81f721f4f
You can find the start instruction including the initial setup script usage on SELKS 5.0 wiki page.
SELKS 4 user can upgrade their running systems using the following Upgrade instructions.
Feedback is welcome
Any feedback as always is greatly appreciated! 🙂
Give us feedback and get help on:
While this test upgrade/installation has been verified and tested please make sure you try it in your test/QA set up first.